Russia 2018 World Cup Moments
The Russia 2018 world cup is one of the memorable football tournament that one cannot afford to forget. It has been characterized with interesting events. Among them is the fact that none of the recent world cup champions teams managed to reach semi finals. However, one humbling moment, was when the Japanese fans decided to clean the littered field after the while the team players cleaned the locker room after losing the match. A lot has been said concerning the Japanese culture with respect to this conspicuous action, but I would like to take a different perspective.
Japan is one of the most developed nation in terms of technological advancement. Looking at how they execute their tasks especially in their manufacturing industries, you could openly see why the fans and players had to do such a noble thing. In this era of digital transformation, automatons are key in carrying out repetitive tasks. For example, in the car manufacturing industries, rarely would you find a person assembling a vehicle’s body part. Robots are the remarkable features you are likely to find in the car assembly plants. This saves employee time spent in these industries thus saving more time for other tasks such as Corporate Social Responsibilities.
We can also save time for doing such noble things especially in Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR). One of the ways to save time in our workplace is to automate some of the repetitive tasks that we usually do. For example, if you regular plot and format chart after entering data in MS Excel, you can easily automate this process. MS Excel is one of the readily and commonly used spreadsheets for reporting data. However, less people utilize its full capability to minimize time for repetitive tasks.
VBA Excel Automatons
VBA is a programming environment for automating repetitive tasks in MS Excel. You can minimize time spent for doing simple repetitive tasks like plotting and formatting charts even if you do not have a programming background. You just need to record the process of entering data and inserting a chart using Excel Macros.
MS Excel Procedure
- Ensure you have developer tab in the Ribbon. If it is not available, you can add it using the File Option command.
- Also, ensure, macros are enabled under the Macro Security command.
- Enter a simple data sets let’s say Product sales data.
4. To start creating your first robot, Click on the record Macros command under the developer tab. A dialogue box pops up
5. Click Ok.
6. Select product name and profit column then insert a bar chart.
7. Navigate back to the Developer tab then click on stop Recording option.
8. Insert a shape in the worksheet and add text to it as follows.
9. Right click on the shape and select assign Macro. A list of all recorded macros will appear. In this case, select GenerateChart and click OK.
Testing your Robot
- Delete the data in the table and populate a new set of data.
- Click on the generate chart button or Ctrl + Shift + k
- Once you are done, save your workbook in Macro-Enabled workbook format.
This is now your first robot that can automatically generate a chart. You only need to enter the data in the data entries and order the robot to create a chart for you. This process can be a complete automation process where one can automatically fill data from an external source and auto email the chart as a daily or weekly report.
It is now clear that MS Excel can save time at your workplace. With these automation skills, you will increase workplace productivity and find time for carrying out Corporate Social Responsibilities. To learn more on Visual Basic for Application and how to effectively approach it, please plan to attend our MS Excel masterly week